RunTogether has been created by England Athletics, the membership and development body for grassroots athletics and running in England, to provide fun, friendly, inclusive running opportunities for everyone in England.
Running with others can provide motivation, guidance and support, as well as making it more fun! You can Book your RunTogether Sessions below.
What are your qualifications?
I have a Leadership in Running Fitness (England Athletics). Enhanced CRB, Safeguarding certificate, and am studying for a Sports Coaching Certificate.
What sessions will you offer?
Beginner sessions in a walk-run format. I will extend these to full run sessions as and when people are comfortable with it.
What are the benefits of running?
– Raises heart rate which reduces blood pressure.
– Takes your mind off those things that have troubled you, allowing you to feel refreshed.
– Get a good kick of endorphins (happy hormones)
– Get to have a good natter, without interruptions from kids and phones,
– Accountability, knowing others are going out with you gives you a reason to go out.
– Getting problems off your chest, (no really, it’s amazing what we yap about)
– burning calories and I mean an INSANE amount if you choose to run longer
– Make new friends who know what you have been through,
– Have someone behind you helping you make choices for diet and fitness.
Why are you doing this?
I’ve had a group of mums that have consistently run for the last few years, I’ve coached 3 of them from nothing to half marathons, others have reduced 5k and 10k times.
As for myself, I am not a what I would consider a “runner”, (not since before 2014 anyway) I am a former fatty, whose back to being fat again, battled depression for the last twenty years, and frankly have a rather bad habit of comfort eating foods that are really not good for me at all.
I know what it’s like to sit at home and want to change but not know how to. However, I am not here to preach but ask and I shall tell. Before we continue on with the rest of the page, let me give you some suggestions, and they may not all be relevant to you as to why you COULD join me for a running for fitness session. (including those of you who can’t run but CAN walk. )